A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued, with damaging winds and large hail on the horizon.
Areas that may be affected by hail include the Sydney, Penrith, Parramatta and Wollongong.
State Emergency Services advise that people should:
- move your car under cover or away from trees;
- secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony;
- keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences;
- report fallen power lines
- unplug computers and appliances
- avoid using phones during the storm
- stay indoors away from windows
- keep children and pets indoors
For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES on 132 500.