Western Downs Regional Council Mayor Paul McVeigh believes there has never been a better time to become a business owner or franchisee in the Western Downs.
“Our economy at the moment is not only thriving, but diversifying, and I think people both here and further afield are starting to sit up and pay attention,” he said.
“The recent announcement of superstores Aldi and Bunnings Warehouse, coupled with the great strengths of the region’s economy, are further evidence of the economic opportunity in this region and a catalyst for further retail development.”
White Property Group owner and Dalby businessman Bruce White said it was fantastic to see Council proactive in holding an event to attract investment and help bring business to Dalby and surrounds.
“As a business person it will be nice to see additional businesses in our main street and CBD, which in turn makes us a better place to live,” he said.
“A variety of businesses is not only good for Dalby residents but also to attract shoppers from our Western catchment.
“It is events like this that help build our towns and assist in seeing us grow and prosper.”
- Entrepreneurs EXPOsed 2017 brings together all the help and tools an entrepreneur needs to progress from an idea to a fully-fledged business plan;
- If you’ve ever dreamed of taking the plunge into starting your own business, join Western Downs Regional Council at the Dalby Showgrounds from 2pm to 8pm, Monday 24 July;
- Chat to stallholders and exhibitors from financial planners through to national franchisees, real estate agents, and key business stakeholders including Toowoomba Surat Basin Enterprise (TSBE), Advance Queensland, Start Up Toowoomba and Council’s Planning and Development Team;
- Hear from Advance Queensland about fantastic opportunities for business grants which could be the push you need to take the next step with your business idea; and
- Register your attendance by Saturday 1 July to go into the draw to win $1,000 in radio advertising with Southern Cross Austereo.